Yay my first ever award! Thanks to the lovely Mandy @ Book Princess Reviews for nominating me. Please go check out her blog, she combines my two loves (books and Disney) so it’s pretty amazing. Also check her post here.
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. If you had to sort your own personal library, how would you do it- color, author, another way?
Nice question! Owning a personal library is a dream of mine haha. I think I’d organize it by genre, and then within the genre alphabetically. I’d also probably separate hardcover and paperback so it looks more uniform on the shelf. And then I’d have a favorites shelf, so I can always find it easily.
2. How important is a cover of a book for you?
This is something my family always teases me about, but the cover of a book is very important to me. I’m naturally drawn to the beautiful, bright covers. It usually portrays the theme and tone of the book. I also have a thing about the fonts and what the fonts mean. Certain fonts to me are related to different genres.
3. What made you choose blogging- not Youtube or etc. but blogging?
To be honest, I never even thought about Youtube or another type of medium. I read The Replacement Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts, and the main character was a romance book blogger, and I thought, “Hmm, that sounds so fun. Why don’t I try!” And that’s why I chose blogging!
4. What princess (or Disney character) can you relate the most with?
I love this question! It’s actually one I think often about, believe it or not. I think I relate to Rapunzel the most because I’m a little naive like her, but stronger than other people think, and I have a thirst for adventure and love of life like her. I also relate to Hercules (especially in Go the Distance) and Belle because like Hercules, I just want to belong, and like Belle I love books.
5. If you could only have one song as mood music to reading, what would you choose?
Hmm. I don’t usually like to listen to music while reading, but when I do I like to listen to “City of Stars” from La La Land. It’s a really calming song, and gets me in the mood to start reading.
6. If you had to have your favorite meal- sans arugula of course- what would it be?
It would have to be mac and cheese from California Pizza Kitchen. I’ve loved it ever since I was a kid, so it’s the ultimate comfort food for me. Plus, it’s still just so delicious!
7. Do you have a favorite time of year? If so, when is it and why?
My favorite time of year is Autumn, for many reasons. I’ve always loved the first day of school, and that falls in Autumn. Also, I love the colors of the leaves on the trees and the weather. And my birthday is in September ;P.
8. What was your last binge watch/read?
I always binge read, so I’ll go with my last binge watch. It was One Tree Hill, and sadly almost a year ago! I’ve kinda fallen out of love with TV shows since reading more, and haven’t found any shows yet that excite me again.
9. What was your favorite story (folktale or fairytale maybe?) as a kid?
That’s a hard one. I’d have to go with One Grain of Rice. I remember I’d always check it out at my school library. It was about a famine in a village when the leader locks up all the rice, and a clever village girl tricks him by asking if one grain of rice can be doubled each day. After 30 days, it turns into millions of grains of rice! Something about this book really interested me and I kept going back and reading it.
10. Do you discuss books with anyone in real life?
Yes! I am lucky enough that my best friends are also avid readers, so I discuss the books I read with them often. It’s another great way for us to connect.
11. If you could meet your favorite author, who would it be and what one question would you ask them?
This is a super hard one for me. I don’t know if I can pick just one favorite author! One author I would love to meet and have a conversation with is J.K. Rowling. I don’t even know if I’d be able to ask any questions, or if I’d just stare at her starstruck as she speaks. Anything she says about Harry Potter would be interesting enough for me!
- Where’s your favorite place to read?
- What book do you wish you were a part of and why?
- Which fictional character do you want to marry?
- If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite movie and why?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What is the best gift you’ve ever been given?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- Do you have a bucket list? If so, what’s at the top of it?
- What song would you say best sums you up?
- What’s your favorite type of weather? Why?
Beth @ Reading Every Night|Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books|Liv @ Curly Hair Bibliophile|Geybie’s Book Blog|Megan @ Book Slayer Reads|Happily Ever After|Payton’s Book Thoughts|Jess @ Beaucoup Books|Bionic Book Worm|Melissa @ Book Nerd Momo|Inside My Library Mind
And that’s it for my first award! Yay!